We are looking for fit, strong General Laborers to perform a variety of physical tasks. General Laborers’ responsibilities include receiving goods, performing construction site duties and operating construction vehicles.
To be successful as a General Laborer you must be able to perform a wide variety of tasks that require stamina and an eagerness to learn on the job. A good General Laborer is able to understand instructions and carry them out efficiently within the given deadline.
- Operate construction vehicles.
- Use power tools.
- Haul goods from the receiving area.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
– Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
– Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
– Perform other labouring and elemental activities
– Clean machines and immediate work areas
– Check and weigh materials and products
– Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
– Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
Security and Safety
– Criminal record check
– Steel-toed safety boots
– Own transportation
– Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Fast-paced environment
– Work under pressure
– Repetitive tasks
– Handling heavy loads
– Physically demanding
– Manual dexterity
– Attention to detail
– Hand-eye co-ordination
– Combination of sitting, standing, walking
– Standing for extended periods
– Effective interpersonal skills
– Team player
– Excellent oral communication
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- Stamina and strength to perform manual labor.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Excellent hand-eye-coordination skills.
How to apply